Friday, December 16, 2011

Semester Reflection

During this semester I learned a lot of things. One of the things that I learned is that there are some critical theories. For example, the Reader Response criticism that describe what happens in the reader’s mind while interpreting a text, and how a reader could relate what he or she reads with his or her own experiences. How the Sociological criticism examines the reading in the cultural, economic, and political context. Another thing that I learned is that I can use compare and contrast, description, cause and effect all together in order to support my argumentation. Also, The TEA part was crucial for me because now I know that if I want to create a good paper there are three basic steps: first, look for the topic. Then, explain (quotations). Finally, write the analysis. I am sure that there is a lot of knowledge waiting for me, but attending your class I could add more of this to my carrier. Thank you very much.

2 comments:

  1. Maria,

    I too learned about the TEA. I think that we should of learned that a long time ago. I know some students did but I was one of the ones who did not. It did help me when working on my essays.

    Sheila s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on your blog this semester! Thank you for being such an important member of our learning community!

    ReplyDelete